Custom Search

Monday, March 29, 2010

Where the blogs went

First, I'd like to apologize to those of you who have been following my blog regularly; although I am usually quite driven to write, I have recently had some unfortunate circumstances put the kibosch all over it.

On Friday morning, I was informed that I no longer have a job, as our small company is closing its doors.

So, to answer the first question: did I see this coming?  Eh, kind of.  I mean, I knew on some level that something was "up," but not necessarily anything of this magnitude.  Up until Friday morning, I had no reason to believe it was even a possibility, though; we had been operating "business as usual," so there were no real warnings or red flags.  My boss was definitely acting weird all week, spending an uncharactaristic amount of time locked in his car, talking on the phone.  But I guess I just figured that there were some confidential things going on that weren't for my ears, so although it concerned me, I never considred that it could signal serious trouble.

Next, the second question: what am I going to do?  I'm going to get a new job!  Pickins are a bit slim, but I am fortunate to live in an area that has not been as heavily mired by the dismal economy.  So, I'm going to enjoy some time with Cricket as I search for a new path, and just take it a day at a time.

I think my main goal, at this point, is to just find something stable that offers growth potential.  I have an interview tomorrow for a position that's amost entirely phone sales, and although it's not a position I could really see myself in, it'll be a good opportunity to refresh my interviewing skills.

So, I will keep you posted.  Thanks for your support; I'll keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment